How is Encanto Palms unique from other Assisted Living Programs?
Encanto Palm’s goal is to provide an enriched living environment that is therapeutic, safe and comfortable. We strive to enhance and maximize residents’ dignity, functional capacity, independence, individuality, privacy, and choice.
- We utilize the soundest and most up-to-date treatment approaches to insure optimal quality of care.
- Our staff is extensively trained in caring for persons with low acuity behavior problems.
- Each resident benefits from an individually-designed care plan that specifically addresses their behavioral needs.
- Behavioral health care is available on-site as needed.
- We are responsive to the needs of our residents and families, as well as to the needs of their medical providers, referral sources, and payors.
- We honor and adhere to a philosophy and practice of commitment and compassion in meeting the physical, cognitive,
Encanto Palms maintains an activity program that meets the diverse behavioral, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of all program residents. Our full-time activity director offers activity programming designed uniquely for each separate and distinct unit. All caregivers, care coordinators, and staff members are cross-trained to help facilitate activity programming through out the day, 7 days a week.
Encanto Care Team
Encanto Palms prides itself on the educational training, dedication, and continuity of our care staff. Each program unit is maintained by a Care Coordinator who oversees day-to-day clinical operation, handles staffing, and oversees implementation and follow-up of resident care. Our care givers are required to successfully complete ADHS-approved directed care training. In addition, they attend our orientation and training program focusing on approaches and interventions for dealing with low acuity behavior issues and working with people with dementia. All program staff are required to attend on-going continuing education training sessions.
Our Encanto Palms care team includes the unit coordinator, community LPN, primary care provider, behavioral health consultants, case managers, and caregivers. Each resident is reviewed by the care team within seven days of admission and a minimum of once a quarter thereafter.behavioral, affective, and social needs of our residents.